Zebra ZD420 Desktop Thermal Transfer Printer Bluetooth/Ethernet/USB
- Designed to deliver a seamless performance in diverse environments – from basic retail stores to critical healthcare applications, Zebra’s ZD420 thermal transfer printers (BT/Ethernet/USB) ensure highest levels of reliability and accuracy wherever important.
- It combines a compact construction with a clamshell design and a highly intuitive UI, providing users with the flexibility to install it conveniently even in the most space-constrained areas.
- The Zebra ZD420 thermal transfer printer is equipped with features and capabilities that make its deployment, use and management easier than ever. Apart from generating crisp and legible product labels, discount coupons, apparel tags, shelf labels at fast speeds, the printer is backwards compatible with virtually any existing Zebra or competitive printer which allows the user to work efficiently with their existing applications and label formats.
- The ZD420 line is supported by Zebra Link-OS® and powerful Print DNA software, giving users access to a wide range of utilities and developer tools that ease the integration and remote management processes to a great extent. Consequently, you get a seamless printing experience through improved performance and efficiency.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Clamshell design for easy ribbon and media loading
- Print methods: Thermal transfer printing
- Intuitive 3-button user interface with 5 user-friendly status indicators
- Print Speed: 6 in./152 mm per second
- Print Width: 4.09 in. / 104 mm
- Resolution 203 dpi/8 dots per mm
- Connectivity Options: USB 2.0, USB Host, field installable Ethernet10/100 internal and Bluetooth 4.1; Bluetooth Low Energy included as standard on network connected models
- Media Handling Options: Field installable dispenser — label peel and present with label present sensor; field installable cutter
- Memory: 512 MB Flash; 256 MB SDRAM for factory installed network connectivity options
- Media And Ribbon Characteristics: Ribbon Standard Length - 984 ft. (300 m); 244 ft. (74 m); Ribbon Ratio - 1:4 media to ribbon (300 m) 1:1 media to ribbon (74 m);Ribbon Width 1.33 in./33.8 mm — 4.3 in./109.2 mm; Ribbon Core I.D. 300 meter ribbon 1 in./25.4 mm 74 meter ribbon 0.5 in./12.7 mm
- Operating System: Link-OS
- Supports ZPL and EPL programming languages, Zebra Print DNA, OneCare SV
- OpenACCESS™ Design for easy media loading
- OneCare Service support for day-to-day wear and tear and operational failure
- Environmental and Electrical Security Compliance: Auto-detectable (PFC Compliant) 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz; ENERGY STAR certified; optional 2750 mAh battery
What's in the Box:
- Zebra’s ZD420 thermal transfer printers (BT/Ethernet/USB)
- USB Cable
- Power Supply
- Documentation and Software
- Printer documentation and User CD
- Power cord
- Field upgradable 300dpi resolution (8 dots per mm); Resolution can be factory installed or can be upgraded to 300 dpi on site through accessory kits, anytime.
- Field installable cutter: continuous paper, linered label and tag stock maximum thickness 0.0075 in. (0.1905 mm)
- Maximum print width: 4.27 in./108 mm for 300 dpi
- Field installable dispenser (peeler) – label peel and present with label taken sensor
- Factory installed wireless: 802.11ac WiFi; Field installable RS-232 auto-sensing Serial, DB-9
EASE OF USE – LIKE NEVER EXPERIENCED BEFORE
- The ZD420 thermal transfer printer replaces the common single button/single light interface in desktop printers with a more convenient three-button interface.
- What’ more, there are five LED status indicators that completely eliminate the guesswork for the user; you can see at a glance how your print job is going and what’s needed to keep your system up and running – from refilling media to troubleshooting print head issues.
GREATER FLEXIBILITY WITH MULTIPLE CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS
- With multiple connectivity options – from MFi certified Bluetooth 4.1 to USB 2.0 and USB Host and Ethernet 10/100, you can connect your ZD420 printer to just about any wired and wireless networks, or directly to your existing PC.
- Should your growing business demand new communication or media handling options in the future, you can add new connectivity options while on site without any hassle. You can upgrade to optional WiFi or serial connectivity plus a peeler or a cutter right on the field, to meet your future needs without taking your printer down.
- The in-built Print Touch tag (NFC) feature makes the deployment and printing process even more hassle-free. Users can simply tap a compatible mobile device option on the ZD420 to pair with the device and start printing immediately. This also gives you instant access to Zebra’s comprehensive database of how-to videos.
LOWER OPERATIONAL COSTS WITH A HIGH CAPACITY RIBBON
- Zebra certified ribbons ensure industry-leading quality, consistent results and optimised performance. The ZD420’s intelligent dual-ribbon handling allows it to accept either 74 m/244 ft. or high capacity 300m/984 ft. ribbons. The 300m ribbon reduces ribbon changes by about 75 percent, minimising workflow disruptions.
- Moreover, high capacity ribbons cost less per meter than standard ribbons, allowing you to save on your cost of consumables.
SEAMLESS INTEGRATION AND PRINTER MANAGEMENT
- Backed by Zebra’s Link-OS and powerful Print DNA suite which includes innovative business-friendly applications and simplified remote management tools, it is easy to deploy and manage large networks of the ZD420 thermal transfer printers across multiple locations.
- You can locate, maintain and troubleshoot your printers from a single place anytime – ensuring greater efficiency and reliability and a smooth printing experience.
Buy affordable, yet durable and elegant-looking POS Hardware and Accessories at POS Sales!